søndag 29. september 2013

Strength and Honour


Here's a movie poster project for class. We were all served an Academy Award winning movie for best film, and I was unfortunate enough to get the Gladiator (poor, poor me). We could also pick two other movies, as long as they all had won best film. Obviously, I stuck to Gladiator, but as you can also see, I did a couple of color studies for Return of the King and Braveheart as well. I like Return of the King alot too. Perhaps I'll go back to it one day.

I was trying to avoid the trap of having Maximus standing in the Colosseum, so I thought let's turn to one of the more intimate moments of the film. I really enjoyed the campaign in Germania and Maximus' general outfit is pretty awesome and I loved the snow and the blueness of it all. So, I decided to depict him about to rub the dirt in his hands right before the battle.
For more work like this, head over to my website.








Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar