torsdag 5. desember 2013

Zodiac Fringe Cover 1


Hi! Here's some more Zodiac Fringe, my comic book in the works. Here's the first cover! Quickly summed up, the comic is about treasure hunters in space. Think Indiana Jones, but in space. Sort of. Anyway, my favourite comics as a kid were Carl Barks' and Don Rosa's disney comics, Tintin, Lucky Luke etc., so I decided to fuse my two favourite things: adventure comics and sci fi. I've been experimenting a lot with how to do this comic. Though it is a sci fi, it does have a 1930-40's flare as most of adventure franchises takes place during this era, so in addition to having designs that look like this time period, I'm trying to give the illustrations themselves a vintage look. This first cover is a mixed technique where I digitally coloured an inked gouache painting. I've moved away from this technique in later illustrations, but the same style and vintage flare is still there.
Anyway, the comic is still a while away, but it is starting to materialize.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar